Cybersyn, Inc. (“Cybersyn,” “we,” or “us”) is a cloud-based data technology platform that makes data accessible and delivers data, including via the Snowflake Marketplace. We respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting your information.
This Policy does not reflect any policy or representation about any product or data we sell or distribute. Further, it does not apply where we act as a service provider or processor to a customer or other and where we will collect, use, and disclose personal information only as specifically authorized by our customer, the data controller. In those instances, you should contact the data controller directly with questions or exercise your rights.
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Online Analytics and Advertising
- How We Disclose Your Information
- Retention of Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- Third Party Links and Features
- Children’s Privacy
- International Users
- Legal Bases for Use of Your Information
- Our Contact Information
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you through the means discussed below. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
1. Information You Provide to Us
We collect information directly from you through your use of our Services. While parts of the Services may not require you to provide any information that can directly identify you by name (such as if you choose to browse the website without logging in), the specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you includes:
- Contact information for you and your company (e.g., name, email address, address, description)
- Account credentials, if you sign up for a subscription
- Billing information, such credit card details or bank routing number
- Information about subscriptions or other transactions with us
- User-generated content you provide to us, such as when you comment on content on the Services, respond to a survey request, or participate in public forums
- Content of communications, including when you contact customer or technical support or wish to learn more about the Services
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services
2. Information We Collect Through Automated Means
When you use our Services, we collect certain information as described in this section. As discussed further below, we and our service providers (which are companies that work on our behalf) may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
- Usage Data. We collect and analyze information about how you use our Services. This information includes the dates and times you access the Services, the features you use, the pages you visit, the duration of your use, the type(s) of browser through which you access our platform, the content you upload or data you view on our Services, error logs and other system activity, and the webs or applications through or from which you access the Services.
- Device Data. We collect and analyze information about the device(s) you use to access the Services. This information might include your IP address, information about your device’s hardware, the operating system on your device and the version of that operating system, your language preferences, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, and information about the mobile network you use.
- Location Information.When you use the Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect general location information (e.g., IP address, city/state and or postal code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device.
3. Information We Collect from Others
We may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other parties that we may attribute to you. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you in order to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you and improve our products, analytics, and advertising.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We, or our service providers, use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you, in order to:
- Provide the Services
- Complete a subscription registration or provide the Services you have requested, including invoicing and accounting
- Communicate with you and provide support
- Respond to your request for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service
- Provide you with updates and information about data offerings available to you through the Services
- Marketing and content customization
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding Cybersyn and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, special events or offers, and other activities that we think may be of interest to you
- Business operations
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services, including through research and reports, and test and create new products, features, and services
- Secure our websites and applications, and resolve app crashes and other issues being reported
- Legal purposes
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations, which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
Aggregate/De-identified/Anonymous Data. We may aggregate, de-identify and/or anonymize any information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device. We may use such information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also disclose such data to any third parties, including advertisers, data partners, affiliates or other related entities, and sponsors.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
To collect the information in the “Information We Collect Through Automated Means” section above, we and our service providers use Internet server logs, cookies, tracking pixels, and other similar tracking technologies. We use these technologies in order to offer you a more tailored experience by understanding and remembering your particular browsing preferences. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site that enable us to: (i) recognize your computer; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the web pages of the Services you have visited; (iv) enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security and administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in your browser cache while those associated with Flash technologies are stored with your Adobe Flash Player files.
ONLINE ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
If you receive email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
2. Online Advertising
The Services may integrate third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on the Services, as well as on other websites you visit and other applications you use. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you enter, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
Third parties may also place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about you as discussed above. These third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers such as Google Analytics, DoubleClick and others) may also serve tailored ads to you as you use the Internet and Internet-connected applications, and access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the Services to assist in this activity.
Please note that if you exercise the choices above, you will still see advertising when you use the Services, but it will not be tailored to you based on your online behavior over time.
3. Opting Out of Marketing Emails
You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails via the unsubscribe link provided in the emails. Please note that it may take us some time, consistent with our legal obligations, to process your request. Even if you opt out from receiving marketing messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us, such as order confirmations, updates to our policies and practices, or other communications regarding our relationship or transactions with you.
4. Notice Concerning Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the variety of opt-out mechanisms listed above. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals. To learn more about Do Not Track, you can do so here.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We and our service providers disclose the information we collect from and about you for the following business and operational purposes:
Affiliates, Subsidiaries, and Business Partners. We may disclose information we collect with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners, including Snowflake, to provide the Services to you, ensure a consistent level of service, and enhance our products, services, and your customer experience.
Service Providers. We provide access to or disclose your information to select third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, product content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions (including in contemplation of such transactions), user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of our assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, we will comply with such restrictions.
Other Unaffiliated Third Parties. We may also disclose your information to other unaffiliated third parties such as the following:
- Third party parties we collaborate with in connection with integration, co-marketing and certain other coordinated efforts.
- Third parties whose offers we believe you may value.
Your Consent. If you consent to our disclosure of your information, we will disclose your information consistent with your consent.
Aggregate/De-identified/Anonymous Information. From time to time, we may disclose aggregated, de-identified or anonymous information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The disclosure of such data is unrestricted.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Cybersyn takes technical and organizational security measures to protect the information provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure. By using our Services, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to, through, or on our Services, and that any such transmission is at your own risk.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND FEATURES
The Services are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13 without valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
Please note that Cybersyn is headquartered in the United States and provides the Services, and processes your data, in the United States. In addition, Cybersyn may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise disclose your data to, service providers and trusted business partners in countries other than your country of residence, including the United States, in accordance with applicable law. Such third parties may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of our Services to you, the processing of transactions, and/or the provision of support services. By providing us with your information, you acknowledge any such transfer, storage, or use.
Notice of Rights
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have the right to make certain requests regarding your “personal data” (as such terms are defined under applicable law, and collectively referred to herein as “personal information”). Specifically, for E.U./UK and some other Non-U.S. Residents, you may request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you;
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes; (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update information which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete certain information that we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information;
- transfer your information to a third-party provider of services; and
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information.
Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include needing to continue processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described in the “Contact Information” section below. In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.
LEGAL BASES FOR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you (for example, to comply with: the terms of service of our Services which you accept by browsing the websites/registering; and/or our contract to provide our Services to you);
- Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our website and applications; operate our business and our Services; make and receive payments; comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights; prevent fraud and to know the customer to whom we are providing Services);
- Where we are required to process information in accordance with an EU Member State legal obligation; or
- Where we have your consent, in accordance with applicable law.
We value your input and invite you to submit any inquiries, suggestions, or complaints by sending us an email at [email protected]. As noted above, to make a request authorized by law, please send your email to [email protected]. You may also contact us by mail, at:
154 W 14th St, Ste 05-116
New York, NY 10011